Below I list the account names I use on various websites. As with software, I like to sign up for a lot of online services to try them out, even though I know I won’t continue using most of them.
I usually use “riceissa” on most sites. This is a historical accident: when I tried to sign up for my Gmail account, “issarice” was already taken, so I picked “riceissa” instead. Since then, I’ve sort of standardized on “riceissa” for most services, although I also use “issarice”.
- My Google account name is riceissa. In particular, my Gmail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My Facebook account name is riceissa. I check Facebook regularly throughout the day. I generally accept all friend requests that don’t appear to be spam; having some mutual friends or messaging me simultaneously with your friend request will let me know that your profile is genuine.
- I check Quora on occasion. My Quora account name is Issa-Rice.
- I have a Pinboard account. I tested out Pinboard for a year and didn’t renew my payment afterward so it is now frozen.
- I have a LinkedIn profile. I don’t use LinkedIn much, but feel free to connect with me.
- I am riceissa on Twitter. I don’t use Twitter much, and when I do it’s mostly to read what others have tweeted.
- I am riceissa on Pinterest. I created the account after making additions to the Timeline of Pinterest page on Wikipedia – I got curious about the site and decided to play around.
Rationality/Effective Altruism community
- I am riceissa on LessWrong and Riceissa on the LessWrong Wiki.
- I am riceissa on the Effective Altruism Forum.
- I have a profile on the Effective Altruism Hub.
- I have a Patreon profile that I use experimentally.
- I am riceissa on PredictionBook.
- I am IssaRice on Good Judgment Open.
- I am riceissa on GitHub. You can browse my public repositories and my public gists.
- I am riceissa on Bitbucket; I use it mainly to mirror some projects I have on GitHub.
- I am riceissa on GitLab.
- I am riceissa on Stack Overflow.
- I am IssaRice on Hacker News.
- My Vim Tips Wiki contributions
Websites I run or someone I know runs
- I am Issa on the Timelines Wiki, which I run.
- I am both issa and Issa Rice on Cause Prioritization Wiki, which I run. I originally used “issa” as my account, but gitit, the software that runs the wiki, uses the committer name (in my case, “Issa Rice”, as I have Git configured to use my real name) as the account name for offline edits. Seeing this, I decided to start using “Issa Rice” for online edits as well.
- I am Riceissa on the Cognito Mentoring wiki, which is created by Vipul Naik and Jonah Sinick.
- I am IssaRice on the Machine Learning wiki, created by Vipul Naik.
- I am IssaRice on the Demography Subwiki, created by Vipul Naik.
- I am IssaRice on the Calculus Subwiki, created by Vipul Naik. Apparently I never made any edits on this wiki.
- I have a WordPress.com blog that I used to maintain. (Now I just write here instead.)
- I am Riceissa on the English Wikipedia.
- I am Riceissa on the WikiMedia Meta Wiki.
- I am Issa Rice on wikiHow.
- You can see all of my Stack Exchange accounts.
- I am riceissa on Reddit. I occasionally use Reddit to look for information, but don’t really post.
- I am IssaRice on the Archiveteam wiki.
- My Internet Archive account
- My Goodreads account. I rarely finish books. Usually what I do is to look at the parts that interest me or that are relevant to something I am working on. This could mean I read most of the book or just a few chapters or even just a small section. At least by default Goodreads has only “read”, “currently reading”, and “want to read” as options, and I’m not sure which of the first two I should select given my reading style.
- My MyAnimeList account
- I am Issa-Rice on Couchsurfing. I made the account but I have never used the site for couchsurfing.
- I am riceissa on Disqus. I made a couple of scattered comments using the service but haven’t used it in years.
To the extent possible under law, Issa Rice has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to the content on this page. This work is published from: United States. See the CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication for more information.