This is the website of myself, Issa Rice. This site stores biographical information about me, but it is also a personal wiki or open notebook of sorts; anything that doesn’t belong elsewhere ends up on here, and as a result the content on here can be of admittedly low-quality: unfinished, written in multiple voices over the span of years, wrong, or otherwise unsuitable for public consumption. Embarrassing as it is, I like to “think and work in the open” so others can benefit from my thoughts and critique them.
On this site
- About me, about this site
- Contact me: the best way to contact me is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account names I use on various websites
- List of things I have worked on
- Software I use
- My pages related to the University of Washington
- Notes on computing (Unix-like operating systems, programming, etc.)
- Notes on math (old)
- Pages related to education
- A mirror of my Quora answers
- Information about my involvement with the effective altruism movement
Summary of what I worked on: February 2018
For completed tasks, see the work page.
I started on a series of timelines on AI safety organizations. So far, the only ones with a substantial amount of content are:
- Timeline of Berkeley Existential Risk Initiative (completed)
- Timeline of Foundational Research Institute (in progress)
- Timeline of Future of Humanity Institute (in progress)
I also updated Timeline of Center for Applied Rationality to include events for 2017 and 2018.
I did some work on the Cause Prioritization Wiki (which I started back in 2014 but which has been dormant for a while). Most of the work can be found in the philosophy and population ethics categories. I also converted the spaces in the URLs to underscores.
I did a bit of work on AI Watch.
I also did work on Vipul Naik’s Donations List Website, mostly on importing more donations data. You can see the issues on the repo for some of the things I’ve been working on. You can also see my commits.
I made a link-dump on the LessWrong Wiki about San Francisco Bay Area as a rationalist and effective altruist hub. I hope to clean up the page to make it easier to read at some point.
Here are some activity feeds that track what I’ve been working on:
- My GitHub contribution activity, including my commits to this website’s repository
- My contributions to the Timelines Wiki (Git version with more incremental changes, page creations)
- My contributions to Devec, the Development Economics Subwiki (page creations).
- My public GitHub Gists
- Summary of my contract work for Vipul Naik (more detailed page with tables)
- List of pages on this site, sorted by date of last substantive revision
- Recent changes on the Cause Prioritization Wiki
- Contributions to LessWrong Wiki
- Recent Quora questions (I occasionally ask questions on Quora while I work)