Notes on archiving Facebook.
- scrapbook plugin for firefox sometimes has trouble copying some parts of the text (e.g. if you copy a post and its comments, the comments sometimes don’t show up in the archived version)
- Facebook on the Archiveteam wiki
- even Facebook’s built-in content export (1) can only archive one’s own data; (2) does not include comments on posts; (3) does not include stickers and attachments (this is especially annoying if one pasted a link and then deleted the URL but still left the preview, in which case only a blank is present in the archived version)
- potential problems with violating FB’s TOS
- problems with expanding “see more” in comments and posts
- for now, manually expanding everything and saving as a .maff may be the best solution