More to come.
some things I need to talk about:
- how to set up domains with linode and hover.
- how to set up hakyll to work.
- how to set up the apache server on linode.
- decent workflow for how to go about editing a page, pushing changes, and then deploying. show all automation.
Setting up a subdomain
on Linode go to A/AAAA Records, and add the following:
- Hostname: “blog” (or whatever you want in blog.example.com)
- IP Address: 192.xy.hij.ab WHATEVER. Just go to your Linode dashboard and find it.
- TLL: “Default” is fine
Then: be patient; it takes a bit of time for this to work. But also in Apache, you need to set up a VirtualHost so this subdomain actually goes somewhere. Do something like
/var/www/blog/public_html must be a valid location on your server. Remember also to restart Apache using
sudo service apache2 restart.