This is the website of myself, Issa Rice. This site stores basic information about me. It also serves as a place to store notes and drafts; anything that doesn’t belong elsewhere ends up here.
On this site
- About me (contains a short self-introduction)
- Contact me: the best way to contact me is via email at email@example.com
- Account names I use on various websites
- About this site
- Information about my involvement with the effective altruism movement
- Content creation documents my ongoing research on the organization and dissemination of knowledge, how to effectively publish content online, and how much one can impact the world by publishing such content.
- My pages related to the University of Washington
- Notes on computing (Linux, programming, etc.)
- Notes on math
- Pages related to education
- A mirror of my Quora answers
Summary of what I’ve been working on: February 2017
I began the latter half of January by writing up an essay contest about evaluating small-scale giving opportunities.
I ended January and began February with several global health-related tasks:
- I cleaned up the page on Gavi to make the rebranding clear.
- I fixed dead links and added some events to Timeline of global health.
- I added a reception section to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation page.
- I updated the page on Iodine Global Network to make the renaming clear.
- I significantly expanded the page on Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and made the renaming history clear.
- I significantly expanded the page on the Global Burden of Disease Study; the page actually used to be called “Global burden of disease”, but this naming was confusing since the page was about the study.
More recently, I worked on some grants tables for the Laura and John Arnold Foundation grants tables page; unfortunately an editor removed them so they are currently only available in user space.
I’ve also been working on a collection of scripts to help analyze various activities on Wikipedia.
Here are some activity feeds that track what I’ve been working on:
- My contributions to the English Wikipedia (more information about my Wikipedia editing)
- My GitHub contribution activity, including my commits to this website’s repository
- My public GitHub Gists
- Summary of my contract work for Vipul Naik (more detailed page with tables)
- List of pages on this site, sorted by date of last substantive revision
- List of all pages on this site, ordered by the date of last modification
- Recent changes on the Cause Prioritization Wiki
To the extent possible under law, Issa Rice has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to the content on this page. This work is published from: United States. See the CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication for more information.