This is the website of myself, Issa Rice. This site stores biographical information about me, but it is also a personal wiki or open notebook of sorts; anything that doesn’t belong elsewhere ends up on here, and as a result the content on here can be of admittedly low-quality: unfinished, written in multiple voices over the span of years, wrong, or otherwise unsuitable for public consumption. Embarrassing as it is, I like to “think and work in the open” so others can benefit from my thoughts and critique them.
On this site
- About me, about this site
- Contact me: the best way to contact me is via email at email@example.com
- Account names I use on various websites
- List of things I have worked on
- Software I use
- My pages related to the University of Washington
- Notes on computing (Unix-like operating systems, programming, etc.)
- Notes on math (old)
- Pages related to education
- A mirror of my Quora answers
- Information about my involvement with the effective altruism movement
Summary of what I worked on: May 2018
For completed tasks, see the work page.
This month I spent a lot of time learning math so only spent about 64 hours on contract work.
I completed timelines for OpenAI and CHAI, two AI safety organizations.
I did more work on the Cause Prioritization Wiki. Most of the work was about how to classify cause areas better.
I also did more work on Vipul Naik’s Donations List Website, importing more donations data.
I completed adding historical data for MIRI staff members, and added three new table views on AI Watch (“Staff count by year”, “Number of full-time staff at the beginning each year”, and “Full history of additions and subtractions” on that page).
I did some work on Timeline of Google Brain.
Here are some activity feeds that track what I’ve been working on:
- My GitHub contribution activity, including my commits to this website’s repository
- My contributions to the Timelines Wiki (Git version with more incremental changes, page creations)
- My contributions to Devec, the Development Economics Subwiki (page creations).
- My public GitHub Gists
- Summary of my contract work for Vipul Naik (more detailed page with tables)
- List of pages on this site, sorted by date of last substantive revision
- Recent changes on the Cause Prioritization Wiki
- Contributions to LessWrong Wiki
- Recent Quora questions (I occasionally ask questions on Quora while I work)