This is the website of myself, Issa Rice. This site stores biographical information about me, but it is also a personal wiki or open notebook of sorts; anything that doesn’t belong elsewhere ends up on here, and as a result the content on here can be of admittedly low-quality: unfinished, written in multiple voices over the span of years, wrong, or otherwise unsuitable for public consumption. Embarrassing as it is, I like to “think and work in the open” so others can benefit from my thoughts and critique them.
On this site
- About me, about this site
- Contact me: the best way to contact me is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account names I use on various websites
- Portfolio of my work; more complete list of things I have worked on
- Software I use
- My pages related to the University of Washington
- Notes on computing (Unix-like operating systems, programming, etc.)
- Notes on math (old)
- Pages related to education
- A mirror of my Quora answers
- Information about my involvement with the effective altruism movement
The following sites are not related to my personal website but are available via my personal domain name,
issarice.com. I list them here in case you wanted to navigate to one of them instead or you were curious about what subdomains existed.
- lw2: a LessWrong 2.0 reader I built
- eaforum: an Effective Altruism Forum reader I built
- timelines: Timelines Wiki, a wiki hosting timelines on various topics
- files: place for hosting random files
- exp: place for hosting experimental stuff that I don’t care about being available for the long-term
- aiwatch: AI Watch, a website for tracking the AI safety field
- orgwatch: Org Watch, a website for tracking various organizations
- beliefs: an experimental site for tracking beliefs over time
- contentcreation: Content Creation Wiki
Summary of what I worked on: July 2019
For completed tasks, see the work page.
For my edits to the Machine Learning Subwiki, see here.
I spent most of this month learning more mathematics.
I also spent some time (~30 hours) this month doing contract work for the BERI/FHI collaboration.
For previous monthly updates, see the archive of my monthly updates.
Here are some activity feeds that track what I’ve been working on:
- My daily updates blog, which tracks my learning related to AI safety
- My GitHub contribution activity, including my commits to this website’s repository
- My contributions to the Timelines Wiki (Git version with more incremental changes, page creations)
- My contributions to the Machine Learning Subwiki (page creations)
- My contributions to the Learning Subwiki (page creations)
- My contributions to Devec, the Development Economics Subwiki (page creations).
- My public GitHub Gists
- Summary of my contract work for Vipul Naik (more detailed page with tables)
- List of pages on this site, sorted by date of last substantive revision
- Recent changes on the Cause Prioritization Wiki
- My recent comments and posts on LessWrong
- My recent comments and posts on the Effective Altruism Forum
- Contributions to LessWrong Wiki
- Recent Quora questions (I occasionally ask questions on Quora while I work)