This is the website of myself, Issa Rice. This site stores basic information about me. It also serves as a place to store notes and drafts; anything that doesn’t belong elsewhere ends up here.
On this site
- About me (contains a short self-introduction)
- Contact me: the best way to contact me is via email at email@example.com
- Account names I use on various websites
- About this site
- Information about my involvement with the effective altruism movement
- Content creation documents my ongoing research on the organization and dissemination of knowledge, how to effectively publish content online, and how much one can impact the world by publishing such content.
- My pages related to the University of Washington
- Notes on computing (Linux, programming, etc.)
- Notes on math
- Pages related to education
- A mirror of my Quora answers
Summary of what I worked on: March 2017
Due to community hostility, Vipul Naik’s Wikipedia project (on which I collaborated significantly) was suspended during March. Since a large part of our work on Wikipedia was in the form of timelines, I did the work of migrating our timelines content to a self-hosted wiki, now available as the Timelines Wiki. In the process of setting up the new wiki, I found a lack of good documentation, so I also wrote up some notes on that.
I wrote a small script to help process Arnold Foundation grants for Vipul Naik.
I also made more improvements to Wikidossier.
March in general was rather stressful because of what happened with Wikipedia: as mentioned above, our project was suspended and my account was indefinitely blocked. To cope better with the situation, I took a “vacation” starting around March 23 that lasted until the end of the month.
Here are some activity feeds that track what I’ve been working on:
- My contributions to the English Wikipedia (more information about my Wikipedia editing)
- My GitHub contribution activity, including my commits to this website’s repository
- My contributions to the Timelines Wiki
- My public GitHub Gists
- Summary of my contract work for Vipul Naik (more detailed page with tables)
- List of pages on this site, sorted by date of last substantive revision
- List of all pages on this site, ordered by the date of last modification
- Recent changes on the Cause Prioritization Wiki
To the extent possible under law, Issa Rice has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to the content on this page. This work is published from: United States. See the CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication for more information.