This is the website of myself, Issa Rice. This site stores biographical information about me, but it is also a personal wiki or open notebook of sorts; anything that doesn’t belong elsewhere ends up on here, and as a result the content on here can be of admittedly low-quality: unfinished, written in multiple voices over the span of years, wrong, or otherwise unsuitable for public consumption. Embarrassing as it is, I like to “think and work in the open” so others can benefit from my thoughts and critique them.
On this site
- About me, about this site
- Contact me: the best way to contact me is via email at email@example.com
- Account names I use on various websites
- List of things I have worked on
- Software I use
- My pages related to the University of Washington
- Notes on computing (Unix-like operating systems, programming, etc.)
- Notes on math (old)
- Pages related to education
- A mirror of my Quora answers
- Information about my involvement with the effective altruism movement
Summary of what I worked on: November 2018
For completed tasks, see the work page.
I spent some time adding to Vipul Naik’s Learning Subwiki. You can see my contributions for the month.
I learned about the GraphQL API (used on the new LessWrong 2.0 and EA Forum), and wrote a simple reader for both LessWrong 2.0 and EA Forum. The source code is available on GitHub. I am also writing a tutorial because I found the learning process pretty painful and want to help other people use the API.
I spent most of the month learning about things related to AI alignment. I started a new blog to track updates on this front.
For previous monthly updates, see the archive of my monthly updates.
Here are some activity feeds that track what I’ve been working on:
- My daily updates blog, which tracks my learning related to AI safety
- My GitHub contribution activity, including my commits to this website’s repository
- My contributions to the Timelines Wiki (Git version with more incremental changes, page creations)
- My contributions to the Machine Learning Subwiki (page creations)
- My contributions to the Learning Subwiki (page creations)
- My contributions to Devec, the Development Economics Subwiki (page creations).
- My public GitHub Gists
- Summary of my contract work for Vipul Naik (more detailed page with tables)
- List of pages on this site, sorted by date of last substantive revision
- Recent changes on the Cause Prioritization Wiki
- My recent comments and posts on LessWrong
- My recent comments and posts on the Effective Altruism Forum
- Contributions to LessWrong Wiki
- Recent Quora questions (I occasionally ask questions on Quora while I work)