This is the website of myself, Issa Rice. This site stores biographical information about me, but it is also a personal wiki or open notebook of sorts; anything that doesn’t belong elsewhere ends up on here, and as a result the content on here can be of admittedly low-quality: unfinished, written in multiple voices over the span of years, wrong, or otherwise unsuitable for public consumption. Embarrassing as it is, I like to “think and work in the open” so others can benefit from my thoughts and critique them.
On this site
- About me, about this site
- Contact me: the best way to contact me is via email at email@example.com
- Account names I use on various websites
- List of things I have worked on
- Software I use
- My pages related to the University of Washington
- Notes on computing (Unix-like operating systems, programming, etc.)
- Notes on math (old)
- Pages related to education
- A mirror of my Quora answers
- Information about my involvement with the effective altruism movement
Summary of what I worked on: April 2018
For completed tasks, see the work page.
I did more work on the Cause Prioritization Wiki. Most of the work was about how to classify cause areas better.
I also did more work on Vipul Naik’s Donations List Website, in particular on covering grant process, continuing the transition from commas to pipes as a delimiter, and recording donations of miscellaneous people.
On Wikipedia Views, I helped to get the new monthly clickstream data incorporated.
In the interest of making conversations public, I wrote up my notes on taxonomies. These notes started out as a Facebook Messenger chat group in June 2017 where I sent links and ideas related to taxonomies.
I continued to do some work on a series of wiki pages about specific individuals, mostly those involved in the effective altruism movement and the rationality community. This work is not public, but a subset of the work may eventually be made public, and the work is intended to help with public writeups in the future. This work is funded by Vipul Naik.
Here are some activity feeds that track what I’ve been working on:
- My GitHub contribution activity, including my commits to this website’s repository
- My contributions to the Timelines Wiki (Git version with more incremental changes, page creations)
- My contributions to Devec, the Development Economics Subwiki (page creations).
- My public GitHub Gists
- Summary of my contract work for Vipul Naik (more detailed page with tables)
- List of pages on this site, sorted by date of last substantive revision
- Recent changes on the Cause Prioritization Wiki
- Contributions to LessWrong Wiki
- Recent Quora questions (I occasionally ask questions on Quora while I work)